10 October 2010

20 Years... Really?

1990 Senior Portrait
This was the weekend of my 20th Class Reunion.  I have been graduated from W.P. Davidson High School (Go Warriors!) for twenty years... I can't believe it.  I don't feel like I'm 20 years older.  I certainly don't act 20 years older.  How can it be that so much time has passed from when I graduated to this present day?

A friend of mine went to the reunion and posted the photos on his Facebook page.  It was so nice to see all those smiling faces.  Some hadn't changed at all and some I could not find the friend I knew in years past.  That is neither good nor bad, it is just an observation.  I am sure if I had gone, others would have had the same feelings about me.

2010 version of me
I didn't attend the reunion this weekend for many reasons, some good and some not so good.  My husband and I don't drink so hanging out at a bar, no matter how swanky it may appear, is not appealing to us.  Spending a lot of money for a weekend where not all activities are family oriented wasn't our cup of tea either.  The few people that I truly desired to see would not be there and making polite conversation with people that I did not really associate with in school wasn't high on my list of things that I wanted to do.

We all know how these things go anyway - old cliques get back together and the pettiness begins.  Let's look at who got fat, who is balding, who has had plastic surgery, blah blah blabbety blah.  I didn't enjoy such things when I was actually in high school and I know I would not care for them now.  We have all gotten older, some of us have gotten wiser and I pray that all of us are happier with who we are and what we have become in life.  I know I have and I pray that others feel the same contentment in their own skin.

So here ~ enjoy a "then" and "now" moment on me and consider it my attendance at our 20 year class reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...