02 October 2010

Autumn Found Me!

It's amazing.  Right now, outside this very house, is weather that feels nothing like summer.  It's deliciously cool in the shade and not agonizingly hot in the sunshine.  Capris may be in order instead of shorts.  Shoes with socks instead of flip flops... well, that might be taking it a bit too far but it is definitely cooler here and I'm loving it!

I have a lot of friends who live where seasons occur.  I too once resided in a normal part of this country.  The vibrant change in scenery while the trees changed their clothes and decorated the landscape for the changing of the season - an event regarded as highly as the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.  The sound of leaves crunching under foot, the smell of wood fires in the mornings, the feeling of Autumn's kiss on your cheek during a cool breeze.  Oh yes, Autumn and I had a glorious love affair.  We enjoyed reconnecting every year and it seems as though she has found me once again.

Hello old friend - it wonderful to see you again and I hope you stay for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...