18 October 2010

Bunny Slippers - I Think

I want some bunny slippers.  I used to have a pair when I was kid and I have the most vivid memory of them.  I received them as a little happy from my mom after I broke my arm on Halloween.  I had a cast that ran up over my elbow and almost to my shoulder, I was not a happy camper to say the least.  Now my mother starts shopping for Christmas around July so she had some presents in her closet already - these bunny slippers were supposed to be for that but she felt they better suited my needs then and she was so right.

So, now that I am almost 40, I feel it is time for another pair of bunnies, only this time I am going to make them.  I have started the pattern with my Mama Slipper pattern - only appropriate I think - and have worked out the ear situation.  Please note, I have yet to actually make these but my calculations are logical and sound - at least according to Spock as those are his words... lol.

So here you go - My Bunny Slippers.

Follow the pattern for My Mama's Slippers.  Once you've finished them, go back and pick up 5 stitches in the center of the right side top.  This will be the placement of your ear so it is more of an 'eyeballing' than exact science.  Got it?  Alrighty, time to make some ears!

PU 5.
Sl 1, K4
Sl 1, P3, K1
Sl 1, K2, M1, K2
Sl 1 P4, K1
Sl 1, K2, M1, K3
Sl 1, P5, K1
Sl 1, K4, M1, K2
Sl 1, P6, K1
Sl 1, K7
Repeat last 2 rows.
Sl 1, P2, P2tog, P2, K1
Sl 1, ssk, k2tog, k2
Sl 1, P2tog, K2
Sl 1, K2tog, psso

You should have an ear now - all you have to do now is make the exact same thing on the other side.  Sew on your bunny face, add your pom-pom tail and vawahla... Bunny Slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...