23 October 2010

It Can't Be Time Already

Today was the day - my baby took her ACT test.  I can't believe that we have reached this stage in our lives.  When I look at her, I still see a little girl with braces, glasses and pigtails asking to go splash in the mud.  I don't see a young woman who is about to embark on an incredible journey filled with magical milestones.  She's going to graduate high school this year.  She's going to go off to college 1639 miles away.  She's going to live away from home and family will be in different states.

She's living a life full of firsts while I'm living a life full of lasts this year.  It can't be time for this already - I wasn't prepared.  Don't get me wrong, I knew this time would come but I don't recall stepping over to the express lane for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...