07 January 2013

Heart and Hearth

I don't know if this name will stick for this idea I have but I do know a lot of people have heard this phrase at some point in their life.  There are  a lot of fancy, flowery explanations for it - but I like things simple so I'm going to define it here, simply.

The heart is in the center of chest, it is what keeps everything going.  Many people think it's the brain but I tend to favor the heart.  Every other "important organ" can go in your body but if your heart stops beating, that's the end.  The hearth is the center of most homes.  It's where the life of the family resides... and it's also known as the creative center.

The creative center... and that is what this series is going to be focusing on - creativity.  Inspiration, in all forms, and ideas - dreams and desires - something creative or inspiring to focus on during the week.  This week, I've been struck by the color white.  Mostly because of all the snow from my friends' photographs.  We don't have snow here but we do have white sand, not really the same thing though.  Then I got to thinking about all the things that I have loved over the years that were that beautiful shade of white - my mother's nursing uniform, my Poppaw's dog Holly, my favorite sweatshirt.  These things are all widely different but they all did the same thing, they all brought me comfort.

So since I find comfort in this color, I've decided that I am going to make a project this week using white as the primary color.  Perhaps I can capture some of that comfort and save it for a rainy day.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...