16 February 2013

I couldn't wait...

Lookie at what I got yesterday! I can't wait to try it out... just need to finish a few WIPs first!
I am so jazzed about this, you have no idea!  I want to make socks, I really do, but I hate fiddly yarn and needles... this solves that issues for me because it's just a square french knitting nob really.  I let out an audible squeal of delight in the store when I saw it and another when my mama found the book.  To make it even better, I actually remembered my mailer when I went to the store (I've taken to keeping it in my bag as soon as it comes in the mail, just in case) so I what would have cost me close to $50 only ended up being $20 with the discounts in store and my coupons.

Happy day for me, let me tell ya!  That yarn next to it will be my first pair of socks.  It came in a kit a year or so ago but I didn't like the pattern (fiddly needles, fiddly yarn issue again) so I hung on to the yarn because it was pretty.  Now, as soon as I finish the promised sets of slippers for Peanut's Valentine's Day box and her birthday present, I'll figure out how to make some fabulous socks.  Who knows, that colorway suits her perfectly so she may get them as well.

Yay for happy finds, great deals and a wonderful day with my mama yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how it goes - I have had my eye on that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! What fun!! I am going to attempt some socks this year...I think, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...