08 March 2013

Weekend Wonderment ~ 3/8 - 3/11

The original idea called for 20 segments, the modified adds 3 on each end.
I've got one more segment to do in the color called "Peapod" which was used in 8 and 18... well, I had one more to do before it was done but then I decided to bookend it with her months before she left and her months home before she goes to Flagler.  The best part is that they are yummy shades of orange and red and the temperatures worked out to where they are identical on each side!  I like how well this has all worked out.  I hope she loves it as much as I do.  Once it's blocked, I'm thinking it should measure close to 70" because we're pushing 45" right now.  It has a nice soft spring to it so I'm going to read up on how well the Swish DK blocks out.

Those octagons and squares are going to see some action too because once I'm done with the temperature scarf/shawl/wrap thingie, it will have all my attention.  I'm hoping to turn both of them in, complete, for class assignments over at HPKCHC this month.  The yardage bonus is something that I have not attempted before so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end result.

So that's my weekend... taking care of snuffly Hobbit and crafting myself silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...