15 June 2013

Whoops!

Oh mylanta, I got so wrapped up in finishing things before my new job starts on Monday that I completely fell off the earth, didn't I... so sorry!  Oh let's see what can I do to make things up for not being here the past two days... how about a fudge recipe?

I'm going to make some this morning after I get my shower so why not share the recipe with y'all.  It's the best fudge ever so I know you will love it too.  It's simple and the results are to die for, I promise.
A batch from last Christmas that the kids decorated.

Ingredients:
  1. 1 1/2 cups of your favorite version of chocolate chips
  2. 1 2/3 cups of castor sugar
  3. 2/3 cup of evaporated milk
  4. 2 cups of your favorite mini marshmallows
  5. 2 tbsp of butter
  6. 1/2 tsp of salt
  7. 1 tsp of vanilla
  8. Your topping of choice - sprinkles, dots, walnuts
Directions:
  1. Line a square baking dish with paper.  Some people like wax, some like foil.  It doesn't matter really - I use baker's paper.
  2. Mix together sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan; bring to rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let it boil for about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken up. Now, remove it from the heat.
  3. Toss in your marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla.  Stir it up until all the marshmallows and chocolate are melted and blended together nicely.
  4. Pour your delicious creation into your lined baking dish.  Set it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, it's even better if you can leave it over night. 
  5. All that's left is to cut it into squares and enjoy.  Be sure that you keep it in the refrigerator, in a sealed container. 
While that is setting, take a look at what I finished this morning...

I'm hoping it will be dry by tonight so that I can give it to my mama in the morning as part of her birthday presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...