19 August 2013

Happy dancing, happy day!

It is the first day of school today - to say we're all excited is a slight understatement.  Hobbit can't wait to make new friends and I can't wait until we have our routine back.  She does so much better with a routine.

Today, she's dressed beautifully and even let me pull up her hair with a bow.  We still have an hour before we have to leave so we made her lunch and now she's watching a bit of television before we have to go.  I hope the afternoon storms hold off until she's home from the bus - another new adventure.  I'll drive her in the mornings but she's taking the bus home.  The mean bigger kids who used to live on our street have since left over the summer so that leaves just the little ones who live a few houses up.  She may be the oldest child at the stop this year.

I wrote her a note on a fancy card and slipped it into her lunch box so that at 12:30 this afternoon, when she's sitting down at the table, she'll have a little surprise from me.  I hope she's still at the age where getting a surprise note from Mama is exciting and not embarrassing.  Although, I would sneak them to Peanut all through school - even now I write them on Facebook page while she's away at college.  I guess I figure that I still love to get little notes from my mama so they must too... at least I hope they do.

My goal today is for this to be the first time I don't cry on the first day of school - though I'm already about to fail because I can't believe she's in third grade already... and this weekend, Peanut will be moving into her dorm for her junior year of college!  Where has the time gone?  I hope they know how proud of them I am and that my life wouldn't be nearly as wonderful without their little faces in it.

So here's to a brand new year full of possibilities and adventures - Happy first day of school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...