21 August 2013

Wednesday Wound-Up

Do you know what my biggest complaint about "big" projects is... you can't readily see the progress unless you stop and simply count to verify that all that work you've been putting in has indeed increased the epic square even more.  I'll prove it to you - here is the photo from last week's update...
Pardon the weird color issue - not sure what happened with my hues.
An now here is where I will be picking up today when I go to wait for Hobbit in the car loop this afternoon -

Same angle, just had to move a bit back to get it all in.  At least the color is true this time.
Doesn't look much bigger does it?  What if we really creep up on it, maybe that will help with making it reflect how much more is done towards this bag...
Still doesn't feel bigger, does it.  Yeah, I didn't think so either.
Oh I know - an aerial shot!  That always make things look like they are larger than life because if it weren't massive in size, you wouldn't need to go to such extremes to capture the image, right?  Let's give that a whirl...
Well snickerdoodles, that didn't do much good, did it...
Okay, you're just going to have to take my word for it, I'm finally at the halfway point.  16 rounds out of 32 and the good news is, I've only used just under half of my one skein of yarn.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to go the full 32, we'll have to see as it progresses as to how big I will actually go with it.  I must admit, I am loving the colors and while working a nonstop granny is not exactly what I would call exciting, watching the color changes sure makes up for it.  I'm even 98% sure that my inside lining is going to be that beautiful pink... 2% is pulling for that amazing shade of blue but I think I heard some backdoor bargaining going on last night so we'll see how it all plays out.

As far as the other projects go - I've decided to frog that shawl.  The yarn is amazing and so is the pattern but together it was just one big cacophony of color and texture.  It screamed at me every time I worked on it which is probably why I didn't work on it much.  I think I'll find a different pattern for my 908 yards of fingering weight wonderfulness and a more calming tonal yarn for the Miss Bennet's Walking Shawl.  The other project that I was making is my TV project because it's simple - dc, sc, dc, sc, dc, sc... mind-numbingly simple.

I sure hope I can get this pocketbook done soon, I really can't wait to use it!  Now, to figure out the handle situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...