12 September 2013

Nibbles and Narratives

(c) mostlyhomemademom.com
I am just past the halfway point on my current book, Beautiful Creatures, and I have to say that I am rather enjoying it.  Granted it does have the whole standard storyline of boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy questions girl and loses her (this is the part that is building up if I'm right), and then boy wins girl back (I hope, if the previous occurs).  It's a very engaging story and I do love that the author has yet to play down to me and spoon feed me plot lines instead of letting them fully develop naturally, trusting that the reader will be able to 'get there' on their own.

The characters are well developed too.  The 'good guys' are good but not too good so that it ends up being super unrealistic and the bad guys are just bad enough that you can associate but not so bad that it's fantastical.  They are all just regular people whom you can latch on to and go on the journey with, emotionally connected, and hope that y'all make it to the other side with very few wounds.  As long as the author doesn't ruin it by killing a main character simply because they can, I am going to absolutely love this book.  It's even something that both Hobbit and Peanut will enjoy so I'm sure I'll be passing it on.

What makes this book even better is that it is part of a series so I already have my hopes set on getting the other 4 - and to add to my nerdy love, the series is numbered as 1, 2, 2.5, 3, and 4... yep, there is a 2.5 which just makes my heart happy.

(c) Ohbiteit.com
As far as the nibbles go, it's been a bake free week but I am hoping to remedy that this weekend.  I have been wanting something but I wasn't sure what I wanted - I still don't actually - but cruising my Pinterest foodie board as led me to two fantastic ideas.  One is a supper dish called "Ranch Chicken Enchilada Lasagna" that sounds oh so delicious and then a dessert called "Apple Pie Cookies" which looks really neat.  I need a few things from the store for these but hopefully, I'll be able to run in and get the missing ingredients.

Time to get started on the day - make it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...