01 October 2013

Wow... what?

I'm sorry for being MIA yesterday but I have a very good reason... at least, I think it is a very good reason.  We had a bit of a surprise yesterday and I'm still trying to get my head around it, honestly.  I guess the best way to put it is to blurt it out and then work backwards - Pokey and I are grandparents.

It seems as though our eldest son and his girlfriend of almost two years were blessed with a son back in May.  We had no clue until she wrote Pokey a message via a most popular social networking site to tell him.  I'll be honest and let you know that we were elated over the blessing of a baby to the family and heartbroken that our own son never told us.  We're learning that adult children are completely whackadoodle sometimes and so much harder than younger ones.

I did write her back and told her that we were overjoyed at the news of his arrival and how we couldn't wait to meet them both.  I gave her our phone number, just in case she didn't have it, and asked if I could make him something.  I've yet to hear back but hopefully she will say yes.

So there you have it - at the ripe old age of 40, I have a grandchild.  Mind.  Blown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...