28 January 2014

Blessings and peacefulness


I love Garth and sometimes, when another artist you love does a cover of a song, it just feels off. Not this one. Scotty does an incredible job with it and tweaks it just enough to make it his own - a note here, a note there. Nothing extravagant or extreme and I'm betting that is because he loves and respects that song, along with it's original artist, too much to do anything but honor it.

This song has been calling to me today and I wanted to share.  I toyed with posting the original but sometimes in life, you can find peacefulness in paths that you've never taken as long as you travel with someone you trust and love.  If your traveling companion is a blessing in your life then nothing in life is too scary to handle.

I embark on an unknown, and albeit a bit scary, road tomorrow but my traveling companion is the biggest blessing in my life so by simply holding his hand and looking into his loving eyes, I will find my peacefulness.  Hopefully this round of testing will give us some answers and a direction.  I don't know if it will but by taking control and ticking off things that it isn't brings a bit of peace to it all as well. 

I get mushy and emotional when I'm nervous so I just wanted to take a minute to honor my heart, my rock, my one true love... my Pokey.  Tomorrow may be scary but with him by my side, holding my hand, I can do anything.

2 comments:

  1. What's going on, my friend? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could answer that for you - and for me - but I honestly don't know yet. When I do, I promise to let you know.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...