23 January 2014

Some bigger projects and a fabulous cheat

Morning y'all!  It's chilly here - currently 34*F and will only get to 54*F with a wicked wind that whips things up.  At least the sun is shining.

I really need to get cracking on making some African Flowers for my OWL bear because I'm behind schedule so I think that will be my office project instead of my Mission chicken bag like I had been doing.  I've got a good bit of the bottom done but it's not as mindless for me as the flowers have become so I need to switch anyway.  So, knowing me then you know I have no other choice than to say... guess what...

Here is my project page if you are curious or want to keep tabs on it - it will be epic when it's done!
CHICKEN BUTT!!

Yep, I have the humor of a toddler.. lol.  To offset the silliness, here is a serious photo on my African Flower progress - of which I need 56 and there are 28 days available so it means I have to do two a day (plus seaming together) in order to make it on time right now for my midway check in points -

Here is the project page for this one too because it is going to be one massive bear when I'm finished.

I have to finish this one and do my two for today, if not more to build my sanity cushion.  I like how it's coming together though.  I worried a bit that it wouldn't look nice but I have to say, I really do like it.

Last night, around 11:15 pm, I was dying for something sweet and I really just wanted a cookie.  We didn't have any in the house so I was very thankful that I had some cheaters in the fridge.  Y'all know that I am not a food snob in the least so let me tell you that I have no shame in keeping one package of cheater cookies in the fridge for such emergencies.  So I pulled out a cookie sheet, preheated the oven to 350, broke out the little squares of premade cookie goodness and when the oven was ready, I popped them in.  Ten minutes later I had some fabulous cookies.

If you are super curious who makes my cheater emergency cookie dough, click here.

Right, time to get off here and get busy on my day.  Hugs to all - stay warm... it's a rather blustery day in these parts.  I think it is best for me to stay in with a good movie, a decaf cuppa and some cookies to nibble on while I craft the hours away until I have to go to work tonight.

2 comments:

  1. What pretty items! Your crochet skills leave me jealous every time I see pictures of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter me more than I deserve but I thank you for the compliment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...