06 March 2014

Happy endings and new adventures

I finally made the time to finish the third book in the Hunger Games series.  I must say, since rereading it with fresh eyes and a different perspective on Katniss, I honestly loved it.  It ended just as I had hoped and it even had enough surprising twists to keep it interesting but not annoy me with a feeling of prolonging the story for the sake of additional pages.

I won't share the ending in case there are those who have yet to read it but I must say that I love it when a trilogy can capture my heart in such a way that I honestly get emotional for the characters.  The first time I read it, I simply loathed Katniss so much that I didn't make it through the second book before I just gave up.  I then sat through the movie because my husband loved the books and wanted to see it... wow, did Jennifer Lawrence change my perception of that character.  I picked up the first book and reread it with a better understanding of who Katniss was and the stories came alive for me.

I'm in that mourning phase now -  you know, the one where you were so invested in the characters that you are sad you completed their stories.  I have a few books on standby for my next adventure so we'll see where I land next week.  In the meantime, I'm going to pick up the next movie in the series tomorrow since it comes out on video then.  That should help with the transition.

Tonight I am going on a culinary adventure as I'm making my first ever curry.  I was originally going to make Butter Chicken from scratch but there were so many new spices and ingredients that I wasn't sure I wanted to invest my funds into something we might not ever use again.  In light of this - and the sheer cost of it all - I opted to go a different route.  We are still having Butter Chicken but I am using a jarred sauce from the U.K. crafted by Sharwood's.  They have a ton of recipes and ideas but I'm simply making this over rice and we'll see how it goes.  It's one of the best selling curries in the U.K. so it has to be good, right?  I have an emergency $20 tucked away for pizza, just in case we don't like it.

Now, I am going to go and spend some time enjoying this deliciously lugubrious day.  I managed to make up ground last night from the frogging that took place the day before and I'm hoping to finish this section of color changes to see where it falls before starting the cuffs for the whole sleeve idea I have.  This is where I'm at now...

Almost done with the first round of the round (and skein) of orange.  It's extra fluffy for the sleeves.

Naturally, when a project is on the floor it needs to be joined by Tinkerbell who helps model.

Though apparently she only works alone... poor Buddy, he lives with such a diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...