13 October 2014

Grinch effect

I finished the lapghan that I was working on last night.  I really do love how it turned out.
You know that line in the most classic of holiday tales where the spirit of Christmas isn't found under a tree and they all gather 'round and sing in the town square while the evil one looks down on them, realizing that all his ugly works have done nothing to people of the village... the end result was his heart growing three sizes that day.  I hope this lapghan has the same effect.

I'll be honest, I loved how it turned out so much that I wanted to keep it for myself.  I couldn't though because then I'd be the grinchy one.  Instead, I took this one single photograph of it at 11 o'clock last night, folded up the blanket, and placed it in the passenger seat of my husband's car so it wouldn't get forgotten.

She may not be the nicest woman...  She may not be the person that everyone wants to work with because she avoids doing her job constantly...  She may constantly spout negativity into a room and have an excuse for everything... but she has been hurt.  She has undergone one surgery to cement and set her wrist.  She's going to undergo another to repair a hernia.  She's been told that she won't be back to work for several months.  She's sore.  She's sad.  She's scared - about finances, family, and her future.

I hope this thousand yards of yarn will bring her some comfort.  I hope that she will find a bit of peace as she rests under the weight of it.  I hope she finds warmth in her soul when she looks upon it.  I hope she moves forward in life with a gracious attitude.  I hope it simply brings her some joy and then, just maybe, her heart will grow a little too.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great person for giving this not-so-nice lady some comfort during a difficult time.
    I am so glad to know you, you awesome woman!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...