16 October 2014

Happies abound!

My "travel" bin of projects.  It "goes" to work with me every day.
Today has been rather wonderful.  Lots of fabulous things have happened today.  It all started with an email.

I checked my work email this morning and was tickled to learn that I will be off on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.  I got exactly what I wanted for the holiday bid.  I actually only requested Thanksgiving and Christmas Day since I get off work at 4pm but my big boss is fully awesome and I was able to get all three.  Granted, I'll work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day but that's fine because we don't do anything on either one and I get holiday pay for working them - double bonus on the holiday front!  Those are quiet days because people are not calling their friendly neighborhood concierge, they're out enjoying their friends and family so it's a very easy shift... generally speaking.

The second bit of happiness came in yet another email, though this one was personal.  I heard back from one of my crochet blogging idols regarding a note I wrote.  You know how my daddy also says "You don't know if you don't ask and the worst they can say is no"?  Welp, I asked and was told YES!!  I can't go into details but it's safe to say that I have been happy dancing all day long.

Then good little happy things just kept popping up for me - being able to switch my day off with myself so I can take Hobbit to the orthodontist for a one year review, "Friends" is going to be added to the Netflix library, and my husband's paycheck is going to be way more than we normally get thanks to his bazillion hours of overtime this past pay period.  Oh yeah, life is rocking some very good mojo.

I even started a new shawl - for myself - last night which I am betting was the precursor to all of this awesomeness.  Nothing says fabulous like a new handcrafted pretty for yourself.  Granted, I have now put myself on full stop startitis until I complete something but it was sure good to get the one in under the wire.

Some days are just sprinkled with awesome - this one got a double scoop!  Hopefully my good luck will rub off on you, so be sure to enter the Felt So Good giveaway before it ends at midnight tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...